Exterior renovations including a project-wide repainting, fresh landscaping, new planters and sitting area have recently been completed at The Can Company located in the Canton neighborhood of Baltimore, MD. The 100+ year old buildings, which were originally used for canning Oysters and other produce in the early 1890’s, received a fresh and modernized look.
Just before the 20th Century, the American Can Company was considered the largest can manufacturer in the United States and supported more than 800 employees. Subsequent buildings were constructed in 1913 and 1924, followed by a final infill structure that was completed in the 1960s. Manufacturing was halted in the late 1980s, with the project receiving a renaissance in the late 1990s with a configuration into office and retail space.